To become a member of WA Super all you have to do is:
- Download and read the Super Solutions Product Disclosure Statement.
- Complete the Super Solutions Application for Membership. Sign and date it, then send your completed form to: PO Box Z5493, St Georges Tce, Perth WA 6831.
Things to consider
Here are some things for you to consider when completing an application to become a member:
- If eligible, you may automatically receive Basic Cover for Death and Total & Permanent Disablement and Income Protection. You may want to consider if you have the appropriate level of insurance cover that’s right for you. You can find out about our insurance offerings here.
- When you set up your account, unless you specify a different investment choice, your investment will be placed into the default investment option (For Super Solutions, this is My WA Super) You may want to select the investment options that match your risk profile. You can find out about our investment options here.
- You may want to include your Tax File Number (TFN) with your application. Supplying your TFN is voluntary and it is not an offence if you choose not to provide it. However, if it’s not provided you may have to pay more tax on your contributions, we may not be able to accept certain types of contributions and each withdrawal you make will be subject to tax at the highest marginal tax rate. It may also prove more difficult to locate or transfer-in any benefit due to you, without your TFN.
- You may want to nominate who should get your super in the event of your death.
- You should consider your individual circumstances and whether the product’s features and benefits and the services offered by WA Super meet your personal requirements. You may also wish to seek professional financial advice before making any decisions about joining WA Super.
Once your account has been set up your employer can start contributing to it. You just need to complete a Choice of Superannuation Fund - Nomination form.
Find out more
Don't hesitate to call our Member Services team on (08) 9480 3500 or 1300 99 85 42 (for country callers) if you have any questions.
You should also make sure you understand the contents of the Product Disclosure Statement before joining us, and if you have any questions, contact us or seek advice from a financial adviser.Download PDF